Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 20 Day +34

Sorry it has been a while since I last posted.  It has been a very emotionally draining week but we are finally coming out of the storm.  We were allowed to come home on Monday, the doctors took pity on us and our misery and let us come home.  We were greeted by all of our wonderful neighbors and Connor was so excited but overwhelmed.  It is so nice to be home.  Connor is thriving here, he is able to run and play and his appetite has increased now that I am able to cook him some real food.  There is no gameplan but to wait and see.    We are back at the hospital tomorrow for more labwork and platelets and possible bone marrow biopsy to see if there is any donor cells left in his marrow. 

There is still a very miniscule chance of a miracle- that there are still some donor cells left in his marrow that may flourish.  (The doctors don't expect this to happen and we will find out more after the bone marrow biospy tomorrow).

Please pray for a miracle!
Also if there is no miracle, please pray that his old immune system will come back in full force.  Since stopping the GCSF, his counts have all dropped by half.  We really shouldn't be home but I guess we looked miserable :(

Please pray for no infections

Lastly, let God reveal our next steps for us. We are at a complete loss. 

Thank you!


Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and connor. Miracles can happen. sending positive energy your way and always

Natalie Flood said...

Prayers will continue for answers. At least Connor is at home thriving, secure and comfortable. Keep us posted - it took way to long to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Praying for Connor and your family!!

Peter Cho said...

Praying. Praying. Praying.

Esther said...

praying for Connor and your family - A miracle can happen